Wednesday 6 April 2011

Size does matter

So last week I finished reading my March edition of Harper’s Bazaar and put it to bed on top of my pile of unread-but-can’t-face-throwing-away magazines. Since then I’ve picked it up at least three times for a quick flick through. Nothing to do with being short of reading material (god knows I have enough of that) but this particular issue of Harper’s just feels better than usual.

For starters, it’s much bigger than your traditional fashion magazine, giving it an air of superiority. Secondly the paper feels more, well, papery. In turn, this provides a soft, crinkly sound when you rifle through it, which is strangely satisfying.
Am I a bit too easy to please? Quite possibly.      

March's Harper's Bazaar vs standard size fashion mag


No comments:

Post a Comment