Friday 8 April 2011

The perfect trench coat (that doesn't cost the earth)

You know how everyone is lusting over that Burberry trench that Kate Middleton stepped out in recently? You know, the really expensive Burberry one (£650 or thereabouts) that only a small population of the country can afford (but hasn't stopped me trying on more than once, ahem)?

Me wearing THE trench coat, with Vicky on the left
Well I've just found one that looks really similar but costs sooo much less, £585 less in fact. I bought it a few weeks a go and it looks sleek, smart and fits perfectly. In fact, it's got to the point where I actually look forward to wearing it.

Four words: Julian Macdonald's Diamond Collection.

Yes, I've found the perfect trench coat for only £65 from the aforementioned range! I feel like I've uncovered some treasure yet I haven't seen it featured in any magazines or worn on anyone. What are you all doing? Snap this beauty up sharpish.

Now everyone that knows me knows I do love a good list so here is one with the reasons why I love my new JM trench coat:

1. It looks just like a Burberry trench (as I touched on above)
2. It's got a silky leopard print lining
3. The belted waist is uber flattering
4. It goes with everything and is perfect everywhere from a shopping spree to a night out
5. The slightly puffed shoulders and pleated tail give it a cute edge

As if those aren't reason enough for me to fall in love with this coat, here is another: I was on the escalator at Tottenham Court Road tube station the other day and a stylish girl came up to me and asked me where I got my trench from! I LOVE it when that happens - and it doesn't happen often. Here is roughly how our conversation went:

THE Julian MacDonald trench coat -
note the fabulous leopard print lining

Stylish girl: Excuse me, where did you get your coat from?

Me: Oh..err...it's from Debenhams, it's from the Julian Macdonald Diamond collection (or how I wish I'd left out the Debenhams part, not that I'm ashamed about Debenhams. On the contrary, I love Debenhams but just saying "Julian Macdonald" would have sounded sooo much cooler)

SG: Oh wow, I thought it might have been a Burberry one

Me (heart leaping with joy inside my chest): Oh...errr...I wish! This one's not so expensive (doh!). I saw it and HAD to have it

SG: It's lovely. I like Julian Macdonald's stuff, I've got a dress from him

Me (a little too excited I've found a kindred spirit): Ooh, yes his stuff seems to fit very well (for heaven's sake!)

And that was that; we arrived at the top of the escalator and went our separate ways. Me, a little chirpier than before.

No comments:

Post a Comment