Wednesday 6 April 2011

I heart shoes

I was making my merry way up Charing Cross Road yesterday and spotted a girl wearing these shoes:
Shoes with heart-shape heel
Yes, they have a heart-shaped heel! Not necessarily my style, but one must admire the skill that went into designing and creating them. Imagine the conversations they must have had at the shoe factory:
“I want a pair of cute-looking shoes. Not just any shoes, but shoes with a heel in the shape of a heart.”
“Why?”
“Because it will look pretty.”
“But a heart is more-or-less ROUND. High heels have to be long and sturdy to withstand the weight of the wearer. How are we going to design a round heel?”
“I don’t know. All I know is I want heels in the shape of a heart.”
“But a heart has a pointy bit at the bottom. Where is the pointy bit going to go? And how are the two round bits at the top of the heart going to sit? Surely they won’t be able to properly support the shoe?”
Whatever happened, these shoes successfully came into the world.
It’s amazing what they can do with technology nowadays.

No comments:

Post a Comment