Thursday 7 April 2011

Wedgeforms

I know I've gone on about shoes quite a bit so far today, but I have one thing more to add. What do you see in this picture (taken in our back garden, not a beach unfortunately)?

The Clarks sandals in question
Is it a wedge?

Is it a platform?

No, it's a wedgeform!

Wedgeforms are the perfect solution for the girl who needs the height a pair of platforms can offer, but all the comfort (and 1970s chic) wedges bring to the table (I'll let you know when I've thought of a better name for them).

These are from Clarks. Clarks you say? I know, the shoe shop synonymous with black patent school shoes probably wouldn't be a fashion savvy girls first choice for summer footwear, but - and you read it here first - Clarks seem to have come up with a rather fantastic range this season.

These particular wedgeforms (I'm making myself cringe as I write that, sorry) are from their 'Soft Wear' range (geddit?) which means they feel a little bit spongey under the feet. What's more, they provide just the right amount of height and the platform under the front of the shoe stops the arch from becoming too steep. The aforementioned platform also means they'll look fantastic with everything from skirts to dresses to jeans (particularly this season's flares).

What does this mean? One word: Comfortable.

And one more word: Stylish. 

And err, nine final words: I'M GOING TO BE WEARING THESE ALL SUMMER LONG.  

No comments:

Post a Comment