Thursday 21 April 2011

Half a Sixpence

After six months of hard work we completed our run of Half a Sixpence at the Questors theatre in Ealing last week. I absolutely loved every moment (well, almost every moment) and am so sad it's all over. I'm still a bit overwhelmed by it all! I was very lucky to get a principle part in my first musical and I can't wait to start working on the next one! 

Things I've loved about the whole experience:
The lovely people I've met
Having an excuse to belt out a few songs (not that I need an excuse!)
Acting (for the first time since A level drama)
The buzz of performing in front of hundreds of people
The atmosphere backstage
The costumes


Things I haven't loved quite as much:
Wearing a wig - it got a bit balmy at times!
The nervous bubble in my stomach before a show
Singing my solo Be Determined - not an easy song to sing!


Here are some backstage photos during the final show on Saturday night:


Anna curling Katherine's hair for the 7th and final time

Margaret the costume lady busy organising

Dawn and Lynn have a little rest between scenes

Me with my brother in the show, Jeremy

Us again

Capturing the moment

Me and Alan - he's looking very dapper

The lovely Lynn

Anna and Dave - such a lovely couple!

Patrick sprucing up

My messy dressing table

Men's hats

Me with Mr Shalford, I mean Stephen

A couple of children from the show


A lovely gift from Katherine
There I am!

There I am on the left

We received a lovely letter from Andrew Lloyd Webber, as you do





No comments:

Post a Comment