Monday 27 June 2011

Is it a good thing that someone called my hair style "artistic"?

That's how someone described it the other night. I've recently decided it's time to grow up and limit my use of my GHD hair straighteners. After all, I've been using them almost every day since I was 18 (that's nearly 12 years, argh) and feel I'm ready to love the hair God gave me, even if it has a mind of its own. So I've not been straightening my hair for nearly a week now and am learning to love it!

Here's a photo of me with unstraightened hair. I'm on a night out with Jo, who I took out for dinner to celebrate her 30th birthday.

Me with Jo - and the hair that's been allowed to express itself

So you see, not straightening my hair means it's been allowed to take over a little bit and has decided that random kinks are the way to go. On the way home that night, I got chatting to a friendly French fella in the queue for the night bus (yes, it was a night bus kinda night) who, without any prompting, told me he thought my hair was artistic. Is that a good thing? I guess it means it's individual - much more individual than ironing one's hair to within a inch of it's life I suppose - and makes me look like I'm comfortable with who I am, and what I look like. Sort of.

Then again, it could mean it looks carefree and unkempt, which it does a bit really.

No comments:

Post a Comment