Tuesday 21 June 2011

I think I may have found my perfect lipstick!

It's from a range of lipsticks by Poppy King, an Australian make-up artist, under the Boots brand No. 7.

The range features great eye-catching shades such as a bright red lipstick called History, but, because I'm new to wearing lipstick, I went for the more natural Intrigue. It is a great colour for the daytime and can be layered up for more impact at night. And because I loved it I decided to buy the matching lipgloss as well. The total came to around £25 and the Boots sales lady gave me a make-up bag full of No.7 samples and a wrist watch for free (the wrist watch is a bit random I know, but anyway). That's a bargain in my book!

Anyway, here is what the lipstick and lip gloss look like:



 Nice packaging eh?! And here is a close-up of the lipstick in Intrigue:
And here is a picture of me wearing it:


Ok, it's doesn't make a dramatic impact or anything but sometimes you just want to slick something on to make you feel a better and for me, this does the job perfectly. I've been wearing it for about 4 hours now and in that time I've had a cup of tea, a bowl of Fruit & Fibre (I know it's not proper lunch fare but I just really fancied it!) and eaten a peach and it's stayed on! Also, I tend to have really dry lips - a big reason why I've never really worn lipstick before - and it seems to be moisturising them rather well. What's more, I don't have that dreaded feathering effect lipstick-on-dry-lips can cause.

In short, I'm loving this new lipstick and looking forward to slicking it on more often. In the evening I'll add the gloss to add a bit more impact. And next time I'm in Boots I may even try out a couple more shades in the range.

Well done Poppy King, I'm impressed!

No comments:

Post a Comment