Wednesday 8 June 2011

How to clear out your wardrobe

The other day I decided to make room for my new spring/summer purchases by clearing out my wardrobe.

I tried my best to stick to the rule 'if you haven't worn it for a year, get rid' and generally I didn't do too badly. This is what my wardrobe looks like now:

My wardrobe as of June 2011
Yes it looks quite full, but believe it or not, it's a lot less full than it was. I gave three sacks worth of clothes to charity and now I can actually open the drawers which is surprisingly satisfying.

The white package at the top is my wedding dress and veil which I like to touch in a nostalgic manner every now and again. Below that is a shelf of all my bags including going-out bags, day bags and totes. Then below that is the hanger-y part of my wardrobe with the going-out tops, dresses, shirts, blouses and cardigans - as well as my new long flared jeans which I don't want to crease on the right - then everything else is in the four drawers. Not bad eh?

I won't mention the separate tall boy by the bed which has four drawers of underwear, socks, swimwear, scarves and other accessories. And the huge pile of shoes under the window. And the wooden chest of more shoes. And the cupboard-under-the-stairs with more shoes and coats in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment