Tuesday 24 May 2011

Vietnam top 10: Cycling in Mai Chau

I've had a little break from my blog because I've spent the last three weeks in South East Asia; Hong Kong and Vietnam to be precise. And what a fantastic time I had!

So I don't bore you with the specifics I thought I'd list the top 5 things I did, one per blog entry. Here is the first:

Me on my bike
Cycling round the Mai Chau mountain villages in north Vietnam.

We hired bikes and cycled through rice paddies, traditional villages with stilt huts, saw Vietnamese country life take place all around us (washing buffalo in the river anyone?) and more. At one point there were butterflies dancing around me as I was cycling beside a lush green rice paddy with the sun setting behind a mountain and I just wanted to bottle the moment so I could take it out and experience it on a dreary London day. And I did pinch myself to check that I wasn't in a Disney film.





Alex cycling through a rice paddy






Cycling through a Mai Chau village
A farm worker toiling in the heat
Washing the buffalo
A Vietnamese woman working in the rice paddy
Cycling down a path through a rice paddy
Everyone loves a Chuppa Chup!
A Mai Chau village
On the way back to our stilt house as the sun sets

No comments:

Post a Comment